Saturday, January 28, 2012

Rigging

Rigging
For this lab, it is teaching us how to do rigging on the model. Basically, in order to start the animation, we need to rig the model first to give it like a "skeleton".
For the past few labs, rigging has already been done for us and we just have to use the rig to make the model do some poses. However, now, we have to start to learn to rig our models!





This is how the model looks like, without any rigging. So basically, we need to follow the video tutorials and start to rig this model.


In the beginning, I thought it would be easy to rig this model because we had done rigging before during Introduction to 3D. However, we never did rigging on human character, instead, is just a simple "robot". After going through some of the videos, I realized it wasnt as easy and there were lots of things to take note of!



There was one part where I got totally stucked and it took me LOTS of time! The part that I got stuck was at the hand.



In the video, the person mentioned that once you click on orient, the fingers/hand should not move, if it moves, something is wrong, however, I have no idea which part I was wrong! But what I know is, after I click, the skeleton of the rigging went wrong and it seem to stretch longer!





I ended up redoing from scratch and the problem was solve, however, till now, I wasnt sure what went wrong that causes that to happen!

After doing the exercise, I realised that rigging is really tough. It need full concentration to get it done and any small mistakes must be solved first before moving on if not there will be more problems that might arise!



Overall, I think rigging is quite complicated and it definitely take me the longest time to complete. In addition, I find it hard to understand and difficult to digest the informations and the final rigging wasnt that good either.

There were still some problem with the rigging therefore, it can only do simple poses. This is just a random poses that I did using the rig.








No comments: