Saturday, January 21, 2012

Posing - Further Practice (ElevenRig) II

Posing - Further Practice (ElevenRig) II



This is the second pose. It may look simple, however, I think i struggled the most for this pose. I could not really get the pose right and I didnt balance the model well.

I redo quite a few times because the first time I did, I shifted the skeleton and is not a good thing!

Second time, the body looks weird and the pose looks very forced, rather than natural looking.

Third time, I shifted the leg and they are not evenly on the ground!



After a few tries and correcting my mistakes, I finally manage to get the pose done! I think I had learnt the most while doing this pose. I had learnt that even the slightest movement(e.g tilting the body more towards to the part where the weight leans the most) could make a huge difference in making the character "come alive!".


Overall, I thought it was the simplest pose to do, but it end up taking me the most time to complete. It requires concentration as you need to look at the image and your model and make sure that you do not miss out any important detail (e.g, which leg is forward/backward, which side is the character facing, etc) as well as common sense on the weight of the body (e.g, which side of the body should be slanted if is leaned or where the weight should be etc.)

No comments: